Security Short Course - ACE & B/F
Who is eligible for a 1ACE short course?
If your NSW Security Licence has expired and you hold the following qualifications or statement of attainment (from NSW or any other State)
• Certificate II in Security Operations CPP20207 OR
• Certificate II in Security Operations CPP20211 OR
• Certificate II in Security Operations CPP20212
Training duration depends upon the qualifications that you hold and from which state.
Who is eligible for a 1B/F short course?
If you hold Certificate III in Security Operations you may be eligible for exemptions from the learning of some or all modules. However, you will not exempt from compulsory module assessments as per SLED regulatory requirements.
How do I find out if I am suitable?
1. Please forward us scanned copies or pictures of both front and any backs of your Certificate II/Certificate III in Security Operations to email@example.com – please include your phone number so we can contact you along with your preference of full time or weekend courses.
2. Once we have received your email a member of staff will contact you regarding your eligibility.
The current course structure is approved by SLED which consists of five modules. Each module runs for approximately 20-25 hour duration, excluding module 5 which is a closed book exam.
Each module consists of a cluster of units on average 3-5. Trainees are only exempted from learning component not for the assessment for the module, which goes on average 3-4 hours. There is also no exemptions for module 5.
The course structure for B/F consists of 5 modules and each module runs for approximately 20-25 hours. There is no closed book exam.
However, the prerequisites are that a trainee must hold the required units from Certificate II in Security Operations in order to enrol for the B/F course as per SLED regulatory requirements. For more information please refer to the B/F course information section.
Training duration is based on the number of units of competencies a candidate has on to their Certificate II/Certificate III in Security Operations and also the state they have obtained the qualifications from.
Available on either full-time (Monday-Fridays) or part-time (weekend) basis.
Want to know more?
- Be a Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen or have full time working rights in Australia (student or working holiday visas are not accepted)
- Sign a Statutory Declaration regarding Criminal History P1016 Form as per SLED requirement
- 100 points of ID – please refer to the form downloads menu for the accepted documents
- Provide us with a USI (Unique Student Identifier)
- Meet prescribed language, literacy and numeracy requirements as per the SLED requirement
You must first meet the pre-requisite criteria mentioned above. Then, you need to make a booking through several options:
- Visit our head office – come to our office to complete the booking documents mentioned in the entry requirements section. Bring copies of your previous certificates.
- Contact us – give our office a call to secure a booking on your chosen course! Your booking documents will be sent to you via email. You must fill these out yourself and bring them with you on the first day of the course
- Email us – Please send through your previous certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
On the day of the course, you are required to sit a Language, Literacy & Numeracy Test prior to course commencement before you can be officially enrolled.
- We offer nationally recognised security courses
- SLED approved RTO since 2008
- We will help you find employment after you have finished the course with us, by referring you to industry employers. We also provide one on one interview training and preparation, resume writing etc.
- All of our trainer assessors are industry experts, which have background in NSW police force up to rank of detective sergeant, have served in the NSW army and current industry employers
- Modern training facilities
- Close to public transport
- Competitive prices and good value for money
- Recommended by others; see our testimonies/ Google and Facebook Reviews
1. I have done my security training in Queensland, I have a certificate. Can I do a short course with you guys?
Yes of course, if you have done a course in any other state you can do the course with us however only units you have not been trained in and assessment. Please send us a picture of your certificate or scanned copy so we can advise what you need to do. Cost $395
2. My security license expired within the last 5 years, what do I need to do?
You may be a suitable candidate for a short course. If you did your training more than 5 years you might have to do a full course. However, please send us your certificates, a photo or scanned copy. It’s approximately a 5-9 day course depending on the units missing for $395
3. What is mutual recognition?
Mutual recognition means that in Australia if you have any licence from any state the other state will accept it. If you complete you course in NSW any other state will recognize it. We give you nationally recognised qualifications. Any other state will recognize your qualifications and license obtained here.
4. Can I get RPL for my Security qualification?
Unfortunately, SLED is not authorising RPLs in NSW.
The office will contact you regarding full price once certificates have been reviewed
Meet the Trainers
Chris has been involved with Allies Security as a First Aid trainer for a number of years. He has served in the Australian army…
Imran has been involved in the security industry for the past 15 years. He commenced his career as a security officer…
Ben has been involved in the security industry for many years, and is an experienced trainer and assessor.
What our students have to say
“Finished my 1AC course last week. Exceptional instructors. Lots of practical exercises, videos and real time case studies. Great learning experience!”
“This course was amazing!! The teachers and staff here are so helpful. The course was interesting and wasn’t boring and imran is the best teacher ever!! If you want to do a security course do it here.
“Had amazing time studying. Rob is the best teacher, he’s funny and knows how to make students understand the content. Had an amazing time studying and finishing the course. Allies security services highly recommended because they have the best services for students.”
“From experience of other courses in life these instructors, Imran, Rob, Michael all have the characteristics of knowing how to deliver a course with passion, perseverance, patience & quality of communication. Also the administration staff could not be more helpful I have recommended Allies Security to many”
“My expectations have been met by learning all of the do’s and don’ts of the legal matters and to see how you communicate when you are in the job.”
“I’m really glad that I made it to the end. I have spent over 13 years in the Security Indurstry and couldn’t believe how much I didn’t know. Thank you Imran Ali.”
“This course reall met my expectations in learning and practice!”
“Coming into the course I had very little knowledge about security. The course was above my expectiations. Everything was great, I have now learned more about the security industry than ever before. It has opened up my eyes!”