Responsible Services of Alcohol
Course Code: SITHFAB002
The Responsible Services of Alcohol is available for those who wish to work in venues serving alcohol in NSW. This can include venues like pubs, clubs, restuarants, supermarkets and other venues in the hospitality industry. Allies Security is an approved RTO under Liquor and Gaming NSW.
Trainees must have sufficient English literacy, and be able to read and write in English.
Allies Training Centre is approved to deliver the accredited, nationally recognised unit SITHFAB002 – Provide responsible service of alcohol.
- This course is suitable for those working in a variety of industries. This course teaches you the skills and knowledge required to serve alcohol in a responsible manner.
- It is endorsed by Liquor and Gaming NSW, and the NSW Liquor Administration Board.
- You will learn about responsible service strategies, the legal obligations of bar staff, and the strengths and effects of alcoholic beverages and standard drinks. Security Officers working in a Licenced Venue are required to have an RSA card to comply with a regulatory requirements.
- RSA competency card is valid for 5 years
To undertake this training, it is COMPULSORY that students:
- Bring photo ID on the day. This could be a driver’s license, passport or photo ID.
- You must be able to read and write in English. If you have difficulty, we recommend you call us before making a booking.
firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 9557 7466.
- How long is the RSA interim certificate valid for?
90 days. Within those 90 days you must go to Service NSW to take a phot for your RSA photo card, which will be mailed to you. The card once arrived is valid for 5 years.
- How will the training day look like?
Training will be approximately 6.5 hours (incl. break). You will have a theory component, practical component, then an assessment at the end of the day. Once you have completed the course, you will receive your interim via email or printed on the day.
- Are you accredited?
Yes! We are approved under Liquor and Gaming NSW to run both the RSA and RCG courses. All our trainers are also approved, with extensive experience in the industry. We assure you, you will have a great learning experience!
Course Work Flow
Sign Up & Get Started
Complete your course face to face
Legal requirements related to venues, minors and signage
If you are looking for work in any establishment that sells or serves alcohol in NSW, it is a government requirement for you to have completed a Liquor and Gaming NSW approved RSA course (Responsible Service of Alcohol Course).
If you fail to
- bring appropriate photo identification on the day you will not be eligible for a refund – you will have to reschedule your course, paying full course fee again.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours will receive not refund. Full course fee must be paid for future courses. Cancellations after the course date will not be valid, full fee must be paid for future courses.
For more refund information, contact us or please refer to pages 10 and 11 of the student handbook. 48 hour written notice is required for cancellations.
Meet the Trainers
Chris has been involved with Allies Security as a First Aid trainer for a number of years. He has served in the Australian army…
Imran has been involved in the security industry for the past 15 years. He commenced his career as a security officer…
John has been involved in the security industry for 15 years. During this time he was employed as a security operations manager…