**COVID UPDATE 28/06/2021- We are still running courses as per NSW Guidelines**
Childcare First Aid
HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
Please note, new course code coming soon as of 2021 – HLTAID012 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting.
The Childcare First Aid course runs for 7 hours and includes CPR.
Is this the right course for me?
This Childcare First Aid course has been designed for the early childhood education industry. It covers the training requirements for first aid, asthma, anaphylaxis and legislation surrounding the early education industry.
This Childcare First Aid course is suited to all persons, including:
- Childcare workers
- Early education centres
- General family carers
Allies Training Centre has designed a flexible training program, which consists of a combination of self-study at home (which may take up to 12 hours, but varies from learner to learner), and face-to-face learning and written assessment.
The First Aid In The Workplace Code of Practice states that first aid should be renewed every 3 years, and the CPR component every 12 months required to be a competent First Aid officer.
Courses are run every Sunday. We can also offer the program on days suitable for a group bookings.
We also conduct on-site training – please contact us here to enquire.
Want to know more?
For course dates please see the booking dates for First Aid or call us on (02) 9557 7466.
- You will need to have basic English language and literacy skills to complete this course successfully. There are no other pre-requisites
- As part of the course, you will be required to complete practical demonstrations of CPR on dummies. It is advisable that you wear comfortable clothing.
You will need to make a booking through the below options more than 48 hours before course commencement:
- Visit our head office – come to our office to complete the booking documents mentioned in the entry requirements section and to receive the pre-course study manual.
- Contact us – give our office a call to secure a booking on your chosen course! Your booking documents and study manual will be sent to you via email. You must fill these out yourself and bring them with you on the first day of the course
- Book online NOW! – use our quick and easy online booking process to book your seat in one of our courses. Your booking documents and study manual will then be sent to you via email.
On the day of the course, you are required to sit a Language, Literacy & Numeracy Test prior to course commencement before you can be officially enrolled.
- We will help you find employment after you have finished the course with us, by referring you to industry employers. We also provide one on one interview training and preparation, resume writing etc
- Modern training facilities
- Close to public transport
- Competitive prices and good value for money
- Recommended by others; see our testimonies/ Google and Facebook Reviews
Q) Who accredits your courses?
A) Allies Security Services is an RTO (Registered Training Organisation) approved and overseen by ASQA.
Q) Is Provide First Aid the same as Workplace First Aid or Senior First Aid, Level 2 First Aid?
A) Yes, there are many course names for what is essentially the same content. We deliver Provide First Aid HLTAID003 from the Health Training Package.
Q) What is the difference between you and St John or Red Cross?
A) There is not a great difference in course content as all ASQA approved RTO’s are required to meet national training standards (training packages) of vocational education training which are regulated by industry advisory board. Allies Security Services is Professional Training Organisation all our trainers are dedicated first aid instructors and our course fees are generally lower.
Q) How long is my certificate valid?
A) Industry requirements state that competencies must be reassessed every: 12 months for CPR, every 3 years for all first aid units
Q) What course do I need to do?
A) It depends on your workplace requirements, but the standard required in most workplaces is Provide First Aid HLTAID003, however in educational care settings for children it is Provide First Aid in an Educational setting HLTAID004.
Q) Why do I need a USI if I have previously completed a First Aid course before?
A) Since 1st January 2015 any Nationally Recognised Training course you will need to have a USI, for further information please see our USI section on our website
Childcare first aid
Pay online $119.00
Prior Course Commencement
Pay on the day $129.00
If payment is being made on the day of the course.
Meet the Trainers
Chris has been involved with Allies Security as a First Aid trainer for a number of years. He has served in the Australian army…
Imran has been involved in the security industry for the past 15 years. He commenced his career as a security officer…