Security Course 1ACE
Looking to start your career in the Security industry?
This course will begin your rewarding career in the security industry.
You will cover the basic legal, operational knowledge and skills to start working in certain sectors of the security industry. This licence will allow you to gain the categories for static and mobile patrol work as well as be a crowd controller on licensed premises.
Completing this course and obtaining your NSW license will allow you to work in a number of diverse job roles, such as in shopping centres, casinos, hospitals etc. Pay rates for such jobs are high and you can join the industry on a permanent or part time basis. This offers you flexible working hours, which is great for University students or those looking for part time, well paid jobs.
We also assist you in finding employment in the security industry.
Part-Time Weekend Course (5 weekends)
We also run part-time weekend course which run Saturday and Sunday for 5 weekends (8:00am – 7:00pm).
Please note all security course packages advertised will incur an additional $100 weekend surcharge.
Brief Course Information
What Certification will I receive?
- CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations and a separate Statement of Attainment for three additional units of competency
What types of security licence I will obtain upon completion of the course?
- Security Licence 1A – Static and Mobile Patrol Guard authorises the licensee to work as a Static and Mobile Patrol Guard in shopping centres, and to watch property etc.
- Security License 1C – Crowd Controller authorises the licensee to work as a Crowd Controller on licensed premises such as Sporting Arenas, Pubs, Clubs, Hotels and Casinos.
- Security Licence E – To work in Security Control Room and monitoring centre to ensure protection of property and people.
What to bring on the day of the course?
Full Time Security Course (Monday to Friday for 2 weeks)
Monday to Wednesday from 7.30am – 6.15pm
Thursday from 7.30am – 6.30pm
Friday 7.30am – 7.30pm
Monday to Thursday from 7.30am – 6.15pm
Friday from 7.30am – 7.15pm
Weekend (Saturday + Sunday for 5 weekends)
8:00am – 7:00pm (10 days break times included)
Want to know more?
- Be a Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen or have full time working rights in Australia (student or working holiday visas are not accepted)
- Sign a Statutory Declaration regarding Criminal History P1016 Form as per SLED requirement
- 100 points of ID – please refer to the form downloads menu for the accepted documents
- Provide us with a USI (Unique Student Identifier)
- Meet prescribed language, literacy and numeracy requirements as per the SLED requirement
- Visit our head office – come to our office to complete the enrolment documents mentioned in the entry requirements section (34c Fitzroy St, Marrickville, 2204, Walking distance from Sydenham station)
- Contact us – give our office a call on (02) 9557 7466 to secure a booking on your chosen course! Your enrolment documents will be sent to you via email. You must fill these out yourself and bring them with you on the first day of the course
- Enrol online NOW! – use our quick and easy online enrolment process to book your seat in one of our courses. Your enrolment documents will then be sent to you via email.
- We offer nationally recognised security courses
- SLED approved RTO since 2008
- We will help you find employment after you have finished the course with us, by referring you to industry employers. We also provide one on one interview training and preparation, resume writing etc.
- All of our trainer assessors are industry experts, which have background in NSW police force up to rank of detective sergeant, have served in the NSW army and current industry employers
- Modern training facilities
- Close to public transport
- Competitive prices and good value for money
- Recommended by others, see our testimonies/ Google and Facebook Reviews
- Professional training by industry experts – our trainers have all worked within the industry, including police officer and detective sergeant
- Comprehensive understanding of security industry laws
- Great learning experience and great friends made
- Friendly support throughout your course
- Exceptional training at affordable prices
1. I’m not an Australian permanent resident, can I still get a Security Licence in NSW?
Yes as long as you don’t have a working or student visa.
2. Can I complete my security course for one week, have a break and continue in a month’s time to complete my training?
Yeah that’s not a problem. We can book you in for —– course and then you can come in for the rest of the training on the next course. Although there is a re-enrolment fee
3. Does Allies Security help to find employment?
Yes. We work with SNP Security, who take care of security for the airport, to provide them with students who have completed their Security training with us. We also provide a list of other employers who are looking for security staff. We can also assist you with your Resume & Interview skills
4. Why should I join Allies for the security guarding course, how are you different from other training organisations?
We are a small, family owned business. We value our clients and offer one on one help where needed. We recognize the individual needs of people and provide the best training we can for you. We are also accredited by NSW Police and ASQA and offer Nationally Recognized qualifications.
5. What is the pass rate for the Security Licence course?
Our pass rate is very high. We have highly qualified trainers who assess every individual and make sure that they are coping well with the course throughout.
6. What are the ABCDEFGH licence categories?
A – STATIC AND MOBILE PATROL GUARD, RETAIL LOSS PREVENTION OFFICER
B – BODYGUARD
C- CROWD CONTROL/VENUE CONTROL (“BOUNCERS”)
D – DOG HANDLER
E – ALARM MONITORING
H – FIREARMS GUARD
7. Do you offer security courses other than categories ACE?
Yes we offer 1B and 1F however you do need to hold the A component before you can be qualified for any of the other components.
8. Is the security industry a safe industry to work in?
Yes, the security industry has changed significantly in recent times and it has now become a customer service focused industry. Security officers operate in a diverse work environment, for example, corporate events, public relations under various situations including sporting events, communicating with law enforcement agencies, crime prevention strategies etc. Using unnecessary physical force is not accepted in the security industry.
9. Is the security industry rewarding?
The security industry is an excellent career choice. The job satisfaction is very high as you are providing a public service. It is not an industry which tolerates ‘force’ and you will be quite safe.
The pay is very good. Depending on the hours you work and your employer it can range from $19-40/hr. There are many jobs available within the Security Industry and you will not have a problem finding work. We work with some of the largest security companies in Sydney, such as SNP Security (airport security) providing them with candidates we feel suitable for their training and employment programs.
10. Can you tell me what’s involved in security 1ACE course?
It has very interesting topics such as communication, work place legislation, giving evidence in court, how to monitor behaviour of individuals and crowds. The assessments are very straight forward.
11. What is the course delivery structure?
The course consists of five modules and each module goes for approximately 20-25 hours and upon completion of each module there will be an assessment. Module 5 is a closed book exam, which goes for approximately 2 hours.
Meet the Trainers
Chris has been involved with Allies Security as a First Aid trainer for a number of years. He has served in the Australian army…
Imran has been involved in the security industry for the past 15 years. He commenced his career as a security officer…
Michael is a former New South Wales Police Officer. He has experience in both uniform and plain clothes duties…
What our students have to say
“Finished my 1AC course last week. Exceptional instructors. Lots of practical exercises, videos and real time case studies. Great learning experience!”
“This course was amazing!! The teachers and staff here are so helpful. The course was interesting and wasn’t boring and imran is the best teacher ever!! If you want to do a security course do it here.
“Had amazing time studying. Rob is the best teacher, he’s funny and knows how to make students understand the content. Had an amazing time studying and finishing the course. Allies security services highly recommended because they have the best services for students.”
“From experience of other courses in life these instructors, Imran, Rob, Michael all have the characteristics of knowing how to deliver a course with passion, perseverance, patience & quality of communication. Also the administration staff could not be more helpful I have recommended Allies Security to many”
“My expectations have been met by learning all of the do’s and don’ts of the legal matters and to see how you communicate when you are in the job.”
“I’m really glad that I made it to the end. I have spent over 13 years in the Security Indurstry and couldn’t believe how much I didn’t know. Thank you Imran Ali.”
“This course reall met my expectations in learning and practice!”
“Coming into the course I had very little knowledge about security. The course was above my expectiations. Everything was great, I have now learned more about the security industry than ever before. It has opened up my eyes!”