HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
The Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation course runs for up to 3 hours.
For First Aid (includes CPR), click here.
To undertake the CPR training there are no prerequisites or previous experience required. Provide CPR or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) provides students with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies.
This course is competency based training and we aim to provide you with a sound knowledge of CPR. Our assessment is progressive through the course and involves multiple choice questionnaires, role-play and hands on demonstrations.
On successful completion, you will be issued with the nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation. The First Aid In The Workplace Code of Practice states that the CPR component needs to be renewed every 12 months to be a competent First Aid officer.
Courses are run on Saturday mornings, please see above table for upcoming courses. CPR is run on the same day as First Aid. Additionally, for group bookings, give us a call on 02 9557 7466 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Face to face learning is still being conducted in a classroom for First Aid and CPR.
Students are advised to bring their own stationary (pens and paper), lunch AND a face mask. Alternatively, a small fee of $2.50 will apply on the day if a student does not bring a face mask and one will be provided. Face mask is to be worn at all times during training.
Sanitiser is available on site for students.
Each student will have to wear a face mask in the class and social distancing of 1.5 metres is in place.
The classroom is consistently disinfected throughout the day.
Students with flu-like symptoms will not be permitted to attend the course and will be sent home.
Please reschedule course date if you are sick on the day.
Want to know more?
- You will need to have basic English language and literacy skills to complete this course successfully. There are no other pre-requisites
- As part of the course, you will be required to complete practical demonstrations of CPR on dummies. It is advisable that you wear comfortable clothing.
You will need to make a booking through the below options more than 48 hours before course commencement:
- Visit our head office – come to our office to complete the booking documents mentioned in the entry requirements section and to receive the pre-course study manual.
- Contact us – give our office a call to secure a booking on your chosen course! Your booking documents and study manual will be sent to you via email. You must fill these out yourself and bring them with you on the first day of the course
- Book online NOW! – use our quick and easy online booking process to book your seat in one of our courses. Your booking documents and study manual will then be sent to you via email.
On the day of the course, you are required to sit a Language, Literacy & Numeracy Test prior to course commencement before you can be officially enrolled.
- We will help you find employment after you have finished the course with us, by referring you to industry employers. We also provide one on one interview training and preparation, resume writing etc
- Modern training facilities
- Close to public transport
- Competitive prices and good value for money
- Recommended by others; see our testimonies/ Google and Facebook Reviews
Q) Who accredits your courses?
A) Allies Security Services is an RTO (Registered Training Organisation) approved and overseen by ASQA.
Q) Is Provide First Aid the same as Workplace First Aid or Senior First Aid, Level 2 First Aid?
A) Yes, there are many course names for what is essentially the same content. We deliver Provide First Aid HLTAID003 from the Health Training Package.
Q) What is the difference between you and St John or Red Cross?
A) There is not a great difference in course content as all ASQA approved RTO’s are required to meet national training standards (training packages) of vocational education training which are regulated by industry advisory board. Allies Security Services is Professional Training Organisation all our trainers are dedicated first aid instructors and our course fees are generally lower.
Q) How long is my certificate valid?
A) Industry requirements state that competencies must be reassessed every: 12 months for CPR, every 3 years for all first aid units
Q) What course do I need to do?
A) It depends on your workplace requirements, but the standard required in most workplaces is Provide First Aid HLTAID003
Q) Can I have a printed certificate to go with the standard issued email certificate?
A) Yes, we can send you a printed certificate if you require one. There is a $5.00 processing fee for this service. Please advise on enrolment if you require a printed certificate
Q) Why is your course one day and everyone else two days?
A) We provide you with self-study books prior to you attending the course which provides you with practical information you will use in the course.
Q) Why do I need a USI if I have previously completed a First Aid course before?
A) Since 1st January 2015 any Nationally Recognised Training course you will need to have a USI, for further information please see our USI section on our website
Pay online: $50.00
Prior Course Commencement
Pay on the day: $60.00
Meet the Trainers
Chris has been involved with Allies Security as a First Aid trainer for a number of years. He has served in the Australian army…
Imran has been involved in the security industry for the past 15 years. He commenced his career as a security officer…